- Oh, you fill my lungs with sweetness, and you fill my head with you
- You say, we’ll go where nobody knows, with guns hidden under our petticoats
- I know where you stand, Silent in the trees, And thats where I am, Silent in the trees.
- Get up, get out, get away from these liars, ‘Cause they don’t get your soul or your fire
- But then I remember you, And the way you shine like truth in all you do. And if you remembered me, You could save me from the way I tend to be. The way I tend to be
- This is my mixed tape for you
- Maybe we run, or maybe we stay and defend.
- Don’t go, don’t be tired. You gave a word then you set it on fire.
- I don’t mind spending every day, Out on your corner in the pouring rain
- As long as you’re around I’ll follow you, Heart is never gonna break
- It’s always summer in my heart and in my soul
- I wish I was a slave to an age old trade
- You got the right to remain right here with me
- 'Cause the spaces between my fingers, Are right where yours fit perfectly
If I pretend that everything is alright, will it be alright?
Or what about if I smile, that will make me happy, and the day bright
And If I go to sleep, all the worries will not keep.
Because I have made so many mistakes, and I am not strong enough to carry the load, so they infect my mind and create stop signs.
Stop. You cannot move on cause you don’t deserve what is pass go.
Stop. You disappointed so you need to keep both feet to the floor.
Stop. This life was not given for you to waste or spoil or ignore.
How do I move on? Pretending, smiling, maybe just sleeping
But then I wake and that is where the truth is
Right when you open your eyes and see the light
It’s the realist and most tangible time for thoughts
Cause they have not yet been disrupted by the day or what others have to say
Only you and the light
Past that is the fight
Between yourself and the first day of the rest of your life.
Why am I different from the rest
They say ts a good thing
They say it makes you special
It leaves you feeling alone
It leads you dreaming the impossible
Wanting better things
Envious of what others have
Alone in your thoughts
Knowing that you cant ever feel the way others do
You cant just accept the social norms
This does not make you feel young
It makes you feel cold
That no one can understand you
You stand in a room with tons of people you know and don’t know
You see them laugh and exchange jokes
But you feel ten million miles away
Even when your dancing right next to them
A part of you yearns to be able to be like that
Abstnt of thought and values
But deep down you know it cant be
I don’t have the mind set in that gear
I ttried to change it
God knows I did